Monday, December 12, 2011

November 21, 2011 - Losing hair and hearing


Oh yes, lots of Wyoming fall snow. (as I read the last post). Her lump is not getting any smaller. I have been using castor oil during the day and cesium at morning and night. This morning I noticed when I used the Q-tip to apply the cesium that it was taking the hair off too. I have noticed it looking thinner and redder underneath. I’m not sure if it will burst like some I have read about online. ?? She still tries to sleep standing up (until she falls over). Her hearing is not as good as both of the kids have scared her in the last week and she has bit both of them. She is also bleeding occasionally too. Most of the time I see that as a good thing as she is bleeding the bad cells out.

BUT we have played downstairs every day and she always wants to play more. She is barking at the sliding glass door now anticipating Gramma to come over. 

I am guessing she really didn't feel well here. She hasn't nipped at the kids since then but I'm guessing the swelling had an effect on her hearing as well as her patience. I can't say it was all her fault either, the kids were playing way too rough in the house both times and fell on her. Neither of them were hurt but I think they learned a good lesson to respect her a bit more. 
I stopped using the castor oil after about 2 weeks because it was looking worse and worse. I truly didn't know if I was doing the right thing or not. I wish I would have taken a picture of her at this stage but I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment