Monday, December 12, 2011

May 16, 2011 - Strange sounds and vaccinations


Just another update, Sydney is doing much the same.
She still struggles to sleep and makes whistles, growls and Darth Vader sounds. She still makes a cough/gag sound at night occasionally BUT I truly don’t think she is getting worse. I think the bump on her nose is a bit smaller, I still can’t find that bump that was on her neck a few months ago and once in a while she will make this really high pitched whistle and I have got down close to her and actually think she is getting some air through her nose. We think the cancer is gone but has done some serious damage to her nasal passages. Not sure if that is fixable or if it’s worth trying to fix. She is due for rabies vaccine next month and will not give her that but may still go in for a check-up. Pretty sure they are not expecting to ever see her again. Wonder what they will say/think? 

I never did take her in for a check up. I can't see spending $100 to hear them say "yep, she still has cancer". I read a LOT about vaccinations and how they are lethal to cancer patients. That was also a hard decision because I was always told to trust your doctors/vets advise and get vaccinations. The biggest reason I decided against having her vaccinated again was because she rarely goes farther than 50 miles from home and even then she is not allowed to go far. She isn't a ranch dog - far from it! She is a spoiled city dog that spends most of her life either in the house or in her private fenced yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment