Monday, December 12, 2011

February 18, 2011 - Questioning my decision


After doing more research I am having second thoughts about trying the cesium chloride and potassium. Everything says the tumors will swell considerably before they start to die. She is already struggling to breath through the small space left in her nose and throat. I don’t think she has any room to spare for swelling. I think it would be a death sentence for her. Side effects are diarrhea and vomiting. I wish I had researched more before we spent the money. It is also very difficult to get the low dose naltrezone that she should be taking with it, the vet doesn’t want to prescribe it and ordering the right dosage from a specialized pharmacy in California or Canada is the only place to get it.

I am making the Flor-Essence today. I need to find canning jars.

I am going to hold off on the fish oil pills since I am doing the flax seed oil/cottage cheese (and she loves it).

I am also finding that dogs make their own vitamin C so supplements may not be helpful. 1000 mg is what is needed to help kill cancer cells. But, I also found this: “For every ten pounds a dog weighs she should receive 100mg of vitamin C. This dosage should be given to the dog twice a day.”  I also read to gradually increase it but watch their stool. If it gets runny to decrease it back.– AAAHHH - The Internet!

Arlis also suggested putting the Flax seed oil in her nose because it can decrease inflammation. She doesn’t like it much and sneezes it back out but I’m trying it. 

This is the first time I really felt resistance from my vet. When I called and told her I wanted to do this she turned from what I thought was a nice, sweet, understanding person to this harsh, short, critic that told me I had no business trying anything I read on the Internet. The only way she would prescribe the naltrezone was if I signed a release form and then she would not help me again after that. 
Arlis was the owner of HealthStyles Market and also one of my childhood neighbors. She was not only very helpful but also sympathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment