Monday, December 12, 2011

June 2, 2011 - Another diet change and sleep change


Sydney gets to go camping with us tomorrow. Never thought she would get to go again. She is getting to see the nice weather and lay in the hot sun. It makes me happy. She got to play in the mud at Pine Haven last weekend with Farley and another dog. She played ball all day in the rain and found her toy froggy. She loves it outside.

She really hasn’t changed at all. She still gurgles and chokes when she is trying to sleep. She has learned she can lay with her head against the front door in the corner and she sleeps better. I find her in her kennel a lot, especially when I leave and come home again. She used to sleep in our room all night with occasional wondering of the house. Then she started coming into our room early morning, 4:00ish. Now she doesn’t come in at all, not even to say good morning. I miss the good mornings from her but we sleep better because she is so loud and I think she knows that. She is so damn smart she amazes me sometimes. Kinda like when she senses my emotions and I don’t have to say anything or even look at her. She knows. I sleep with earplugs when she is in the same room (or camper this weekend). I hope it’s not hurting her feelings. :-/

I hesitated to put the flea collar on her and give her the heartworm meds again but I don’t want to take chances with the summer here. I just don’t know what “causes” the cancer in the first place. I read ~50% of dogs get cancer. Something is wrong with that!

Still doing same diet – food with vit C, D3, Flor-essence and added wheat grass. I give her lots of veggies when I can. If I can just keep her alkaline!

She still sleeps in the living room once in a while but I'm happy to report we have all adjusted to the snoring so she has returned to our room for most of the night.
I began to add wheat grass to her food because it is also an alkaline food. I did not continue it after the bottle was finished but only because I couldn't find it and then I stopped looking. I should put it back on my grocery list now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment