Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011 - BIG changes!!! (up to date post)


WOW! Ok, lots of changes so here goes.

Sydney’s lump was definitely getting bigger.

I changed her food and added Pedegree Healthy Longevity to what was left of her Science Diet Mature Adult dog food. I also decided to use the essiac tea sludge leftovers on her dog food rather than throwing it away like I usually do. I would just scoop out a half-teaspoon or so and dump it on her food. Since her nose was plugged I assumed she wouldn’t taste it much anyway and it couldn’t hurt.

On December 6 we played pretty hard outside. She chased bugs and barked and was feeling very energetic so I went with it. That night her eyes were very red, swollen and bulging. Her left eye, which was the side that had the lump, was partially closed and her nose was bleeding. The bleeding got MUCH worse as the night went on turning to clots and she was sneezing constantly. I had to fence her into the kitchen so I could clean up after her better. As I was cleaning up I began to notice tissue in the blood clots. It was really disgusting. Blood clots would hang from her nose to the floor and the “chunks” she was sneezing out got larger, some the size of a pencil eraser or more. Needless to say I didn’t know if she was going to make it through the night. A disadvantage to researching online was that I read a post about someone’s dog having a tumor that burst and the dog passed a few hours later. On the other hand, I had used the castor oil for about 2 weeks as often as I could a day (usually 4 or 5 times), which said the tumor might burst and bleed out the bad cells. It was a long night but she was much the same in the morning minus the red eyes.

Wednesday was spent in the kitchen or outside but it was pretty cold out and she couldn’t breath in the cold air without wheezing so she spent most of it in the kitchen. I went through boxes of tissues wiping her nose like a little kid (which she hated) and lots of paper towels, carpet cleaner and Lysol.

Thursday morning I came out to check on her and the first thing I noticed was there really wasn’t much blood to clean up. The second thing I noticed was her left eye looked much better. As I was petting her I realized the reason she looked better was because the lump was SMALLER! By Friday the lump was nearly gone unless you really knew what you were looking for.

Today she looks better than she has in months AND I was sitting with her today while she slept and I could hear a different whistle sound in her breathing. SHE IS BREATHING OUT OF HER NOSE AGAIN!!! I can’t believe it but I’m ecstatic!!! She appears to be doing great. So apparently, she was sneezing out whatever the lump was.

I think it’s not just cats that have nine lives. I’m sure she will make it to see 2012 now and more than likely her 11th birthday. YEAH!!! I pray and thank God for giving me even more time with my best friend!

On a less positive note, I also pray for my friend Tonya and her beloved dog Moose, who she had to put to sleep about 2 hours ago after a long battle with cancer. Which is another reason I started my blog Sydney’s Sake. I hope to help other dogs and their owners with this terrible illness called cancer.

 Taken Dec. 10, 2011



Taken Dec. 12, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment